This August, PhillyCoR is holding a food and fund drive for Philabundance, the region’s largest hunger relief organization. Any products which are boxed, canned, or in plastic bottles or jars and which do not need refrigeration will be accepted and appreciated.
Foods in high demand include: canned tuna, canned beef stew, canned chili, canned pasta, and canned beef ravioli, as well as macaroni and cheese, family size boxes of cereal, canned pork and beans, baked beans, canned green beans, canned corn, canned fruit cocktail, boxed sugar, and peanut butter and jelly in plastic jars. Please no glass containers or perishable foods.
If you want to donate money instead of food: Drop off checks made out to "Philabundance" at the food drop off locations or mail them to: PhillyCoR Food and Fund Drive, P.O. Box 161, Willow Grove, PA, 19090 by August 12th.
Food Drop Off Locations and Times:
- August 2, Saturday – Buxmont Unitarian Fellowship, Warrington from 7pm-9pm. Stay for the HAGP Movie Night, showing Taxi To The Dark Side.
- August 5, Tuesday – Ludington Library Basement in Bryn Mawr from 7pm-9pm Stay for the FSGP monthly meeting, featuring the talk Liberal Christianity: Is there a silent majority of Christians whose worldview is more similar to humanism than fundamentalism?
- August 7, Thursday – Ethical Society Building from 10am-5pm.
- August 9, Saturday – Olive Garden in Willow Grove from 12pm-2pm. Stay for HAGP’s second Saturday casual luncheon.
- August 10, Sunday – Ethical Society Building from 10am-2pm. Stay for a discussion of Toni Morrison’s book The Bluest Eye.
- August 16, Saturday – Barnes and Noble in Willow Grove, 7pm-9pm. Stay for a discussion of Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion, edited by Dale McGowan
- August 21, Thursday – Cosi, 4th and Chestnut Streets in Philadelphia, 7pm-9pm. Stay for the Atheist MeetUp’s monthly get together.