CT Coalition of Reason Pages
- CT Coalition of Reason Events Calendar
- CT Coalition of Reason News
- 2016 CT Year in Review
- 2014 CT Year in Review
The Connecticut Coalition of Reason is made up of Atheist, Freethought, and Humanist groups working together in the state of Connecticut (see below). Our twin goals are to build a community among the like-minded and raise public awareness that people who don’t believe in gods can be decent citizens who contribute to the larger society.
So if you are of a secular mind, you aren’t alone. Thousands of your friends and neighbors in this area think and feel as you do. And there are local groups that advance your views and welcome your participation! This website will help you find events to attend, activities in which to participate, people with whom to socialize, and groups to join.
After all, like everyone else, we all benefit from a supportive community for friendship, learning, social service, and activism. Moreover, Atheists and Agnostics make up a significant portion of the population nationally, globally, and right here in Connecticut; outnumbering most religious and other minorities combined. For example, 42% of Connecticut residents identify as non religious. This places us as one of the largest minorities in the state. Yet we don’t enjoy the benefits of our numbers because we aren’t well organized. This coalition is here to change that.
To the traditional religious community we want to say that, although we nontheists are without a belief in the supernatural, we do share the compassionate human values that most people embrace. As hard working, tax-paying, ethical citizens, we care deeply about our families, our communities, our state, our nation, and the world.
- Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/atheists-727/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/88698046889/
- Twitter: @CVAtheists
- Website: http://cvatheists.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CongregationforHumanisticJudaism
- Twitter: @CHJ_Fairfield
- Website: www.humanisticjews.org
- Telephone: 203-293-8867
- Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Hartford-Humanists/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HartfordHumanists/
- Twitter: @HAHumanists
- Website: http://www.hartfordhumanists.org
- Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/cthumanist/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CTHumanist
- Twitter: @cthumanist
- Website: http://www.cthumanist.org/
- To provide a forum for mutual and public education,
- To establish a mechanism to counter religious fundamentalism, and
- To form a warm, supportive community of like-minded people.
- Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/HFFCCT/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/humanistsandfreethinkersoffairfieldcounty/
- Twitter: @HFFCCT
- Contact: Cary Shaw – [email protected]
- Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/RfR-New-Haven-CT/
Website and 24h chat: https://www.recoveringfromreligion.org
Free 24h RfR national helpline: 1-844-368-2848 (1-84-I-Doubt-It)
- Join us on Zoom (Thursdays, 7pm) https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82138522922