CT Coalition of Reason Pages
- CT Coalition of Reason Events Calendar
- CT Coalition of Reason News
- CT Coalition of Reason Speakers Bureau
- CT CoR Years in Review
- Connecticut’s Secular Resources
- Check us out on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
The Connecticut Coalition of Reason is made up of Atheist, Freethought, and Humanist groups working together in the state of Connecticut (see below). Our mission is to assist our member organizations in their efforts to build communities of secular people, raise awareness of such communities, and maintain the separation of church and state. We aim to do so by providing resources to the member organizations and by facilitating cooperation between the member organizations in achieving their common goals.
So if you are of a secular mind, you aren’t alone. Thousands of your friends and neighbors in this area think and feel as you do. And there are local groups that advance your views and welcome your participation! This website will help you find events to attend, activities in which to participate, people with whom to socialize, and groups to join.
After all, like everyone else, we all benefit from a supportive community for friendship, learning, social service, and activism. Moreover, Atheists and Agnostics make up a significant portion of the population nationally, globally, and right here in Connecticut; outnumbering most religious and other minorities combined. For example, 41% of Connecticut residents identify as non religious. This places us as one of the largest minorities in the state. Yet we don’t enjoy the benefits of our numbers because we aren’t well organized. This coalition is here to change that.
To the traditional religious community we want to say that, although we nontheists are without a belief in the supernatural, we do share the compassionate human values that most people embrace. As hard working, tax-paying, ethical citizens, we care deeply about our families, our communities, our state, our nation, and the world.
- Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Atheist-Humanist-Society-of-CT-and-RI/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/130738603639318/
- Twitter: @AHSCTRI
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CongregationforHumanisticJudaism
- Twitter: @CHJ_Fairfield
- Website: www.humanisticjews.org
- Telephone: 203-293-8867
- Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Hartford-Humanists/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HartfordHumanists/
- Twitter: @HAHumanists
- Website: http://www.hartfordhumanists.org
We welcome all who wish to participate.
- To provide a forum for mutual and public education,
- To establish a mechanism to counter religious fundamentalism, and
- To form a warm, supportive community of like-minded people.
The Secular Coalition for ConnecticutThe Secular Coalition for Connecticut is the state chapter of the Secular Coalition for America. We bring together secular Connecticut residents to influence government officials, legislation, and regulations. We are unlike any other nontheistic state organization—we bring together interested organizations and individuals for the exclusive purpose of lobbying government officials.
- Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/HFFCCT/
- Facebook: Secular Coalition for Connecticut
- Twitter: @SecularCT
The Yale Humanist CommunityThe YHC is dedicated to developing, supporting, and growing a diverse community of Humanists, atheists, agnostics, and the nonreligious at Yale and beyond. YHC serves undergraduate and graduate student communities; in addition, Yale faculty, staff, alumni, and the general public are welcome and encouraged to participate. Within this eclectic group, the YHC strives to provide members with access to a caring community, support in an ethical framework, and opportunities for reflective service. Additionally, we hope to engage in activities to educate community members about the worldview of Humanism as defined in the Humanist Manifesto
- Website: under construction
- National Events Calendar: http://secular.org/calendar
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yalehumanists
- Twitter: @YaleHumanists
- Website: https://yalehumanists.com/