For Immediate Release...
Who are we and what is our purpose?
Orlando CoR is an affiliate member of the United Coalition of Reason, or UnitedCoR for short, which is a national organization in the United States that works to raise the visibility of local groups in the community of reason. This collective visibility is accomplished by conducting campaigns which highlight the fact that non-theists are present in every community in America.
Another important function is the organizing of local groups to communicate with each other and hold events. We also support the separation of church and state in the United States through the court system.
The national coalition which includes the Orlando CoR has endorsed the mission of the Secular Coalition for America. UnitedCoR has itself been endorsed by or has cooperative relations with American Atheists, the American Ethical Union, the American Humanist Association, the Center for Inquiry, FreeThoughtAction, the Richard Dawkins Foundation, the SECULAR Center, and the Secular Student Alliance.
The Orlando CoR consists of groups for people of all ages and are listed below. Each link will take you to our groups page where you will find detailed information.
Groups for Everyone
- Atheists and Humanists of Florida (Orlando)
- BE Orlando
- Black Non-believers of Metro Orlando (BNMO)
- Central Florida Freethought Community (local chapter of FFRF)
- Florida Atheists, Critical Thinkers, & Skeptics (FACTS)
- Hispanic-American Freethinkers
- Orlando Humanists Association (local chapter of AHA)
Groups for Parents and Children
Groups for College Students
- Recovering From Religion (UCF)
- Stetson University (Secular Student Alliance)
- University of Central Florida (Secular Student Alliance)
- Valencia College (Secular Student Alliance)