About the Colorado Coalition of Reason
The Colorado Coalition of Reason (COCORE) is an umbrella organization of Colorado-based community groups supporting reason, freethought, and the separation of church and state. The groups in turn support Colorado atheists, agnostics, rationalists, skeptics, secular humanists, freethinkers, brights, and other individuals looking to associate with like-minded people in supporting Reason and secular society.
We encourage other free-thinking, atheist, or secular humanist groups to join the Colorado Coalition.
Member groups of the Coalition organize activities and events for their communities. They may also use COCORE to plan and coordinate events with other groups. Examples of activities include:
- social gatherings and meetings
- public outreach booths at community fairs and events
- sponsoring local and national speakers
- demonstrating against religious intolerance and coercion
- opposing legislation sponsored by religiously-motivated organizations
- providing local speakers on atheism and secularism to organizations and schools
- other community activities that support atheism, secular humanism, and the separation of church and state.
COCORE also seeks to support those who are victims of religious coercion or harassment. This includes groups and individuals persecuted by religious groups. It also includes United States military personnel and civil servants who find themselves being pressured or coerced by leaders and organizations seeking to advance a religious belief and value system to the exclusion of others.