Are you considering, or have you decided, that you don’t have theistic beliefs? Do you think that you can be good and contribute to your community without belief in a deity? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Founded in 2009, the United Coalition of Reason is one of the largest nontheist organizations in North America—and quickly growing internationally—a coordinating place for hundreds of independently run local groups, each a little different.
Each group in our “community of reason” celebrates rational thought and science. We call ourselves atheist, agnostic, bright, Ethical Culture, freethought, humanist, rationalist, realist, skeptic, secular, and other terms. We are happy, positive people who are also glad to engage with religious people and find common ground such as charitable work in local communities.
We respect your privacy! Each of our groups is a safe zone if you have not told your friends and family how you feel about religion.
Through our website, you can find local nontheist groups in your area:
- to socialize and meet like-minded people,
- to volunteer together on charity projects,
- to share ideas and discuss nontheist philosophy,
- for community outreach, to show religious people who we are, and
- to raise money for nonreligious advocacy.
For Local Groups
Do you run a local nontheist group in North America? We want to help you!
Working from Washington DC, we bring national resources to local groups, including:
- Help with promotion and community outreach
- Help with fundraising and new member campaigns
- Connections to national-level speakers and decision-makers in business and government
- Connections to national and international nontheist groups
- IT help with your website and social media
- National experts to train you in marketing, group management, and politics
- Advice on how to nurture your donors, run effective meetings, handle social media, write good advertisements, be more welcoming and inclusive, and more
We respect your autonomy! UnitedCoR is not a top-down organization. We rely on you, the local experts, to know what’s important in your region. The issues and projects that you care about, we’ll care about too. Then we’ll do what we can to accelerate and enable you. Not least, you’ll get a free page and listing on our website!
We also facilitate local groups to band together into “local coalitions of reason” or “local CoRs.” If you’re promoting an event or staging a rally, it’s more fun and you’ll have much more clout working with other leaders in your area. We can make introductions, help you plan a cooperative project, and guide you through the collaboration.
We also take great ideas that are working in some regions and offer them to everyone else, training you in “best practices” either by phone and web conference, or by flying to your region and meeting you in person.
We charge nothing for these services and do not actively solicit donations. Joining the Coalition of Reason is free.